Candler Park has a rich history of festivals. The events have evolved and changed over the years, but one thing is clear: Candler Park knows how to put on a great party. Here's the history, best we've been able to piece it together. Many thanks to Mary Alice Bray for her detective work, and also for scanning and providing the great historical articles that follow!
Candler Park Spring Festival
- last festival was May 1989
- Walter Brown was president then and probably can give some prior history
Clifton at McLendon Halloween Festival
- last festival October 1994??
- mainly for children but also fun for adults
- originally started by Moon Brothers for the neighborhood children
Candler Park Lake Claire Music & Arts Festival - June 1995 to September 1999
- organized by Beth Martin (owner of Donna Van Gogh's) and friends
- festival was canceled in 2000 due to funding
Candler Park Fall Fest
- started in 2001
- still going strong (2010 is Fall Fest's tenth anniversary!)
- 2010 Fall Fest is on October 23-24