Update from APS on timing around the Mary Lin expansion & renovation project:
Mary Lin Elementary School Phasing Plan Narrative
Phase 1– North Site Demolition and Underground Site Utility Work
Time Frame (July 22, 2013 – September 23, 2013)
Phase 2– New Two Story Addition/Renovation
Time Frame (October 7, 2013 – April 28, 2014)
Phase 3 – New One Story Administration Addition/Renovation
Time Frame (June 16, 2014 – November 17, 2014)
Phase 4 – Lower / Main & Upper Classrooms / Restroom Renovation
Time Frame (June 2, 2014 – July 31, 2014)
Minimize disruption of school and neighborhood activities:
Hogan Construction will take all safety measures to assure that all school personnel, construction personnel and surrounding community are not exposed to an unsafe environment. Hogan Construction Group in conjunction with Mary Lin Elementary School will establish a safety zone perimeter fence or barricade around the areas of construction and strictly limit access to personnel that have legitimate business within the zone.
Hogan Construction Group will take all measures necessary to minimize construction noise and dust while school is in operation as well as minimize disruption to the neighboring community. Our plan is as follows:
- Prior to mobilizing construction activities, Hogan will initiate a planning session where the program manager and school officials to review our proposed plan and provide their input. These discussions will include plans for minimizing disruptions to normal school operations. Important school functions will be included in our construction schedule so they can be tracked and potential disrupting or conflicting activities avoided.
- Construction traffic will flow on Candler Park Drive and Oakdale Road. Construction entrances will be located on Candler Park Drive and Oakdale Road. Construction traffic to and from the site will be limited to the hours between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. No construction traffic will be allowed in or out of the site between 8:00 am to 9:00 am and between 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. A flagman will be stationed at each construction entrance to control traffic in and out of construction site. The local neighborhood will not be disturbed by construction traffic. This will be closely monitored by Hogan Construction Group.
- A minimal amount of parking will be allowed at the construction staging area. The majority of construction parking will at an offsite location.
- We will minimize major construction activities while school is in session (site utility work, concrete pours, bolting structural steel etc.).
- We will schedule system tie-in (electrical, fire alarm, intercom, plumbing, etc.) inside existing schools during off school hours and on weekends. We will have all new system completed before shut down of existing systems to minimize down time. All of this work will be carefully coordinated with school personnel.
- No loud music on the construction site will be permitted. Hogan Construction Group will consult with local city regulatory agencies on noise ordinance.