Festival weekend information from event organizer Jenn Bensch:
ROAD CLOSURE APRIL 19, 2013 8:15 AM - APRIL 21, 2013 11:59 PM
CANDLER PARK DRIVE (ALL CARS MUST BE GONE BY 8:00 A.M. 4/19/2013)
MILLER AVENUE (OAKDALE TO CANDLER PARK DRIVE)
BENNING PLACE (OAKDALE TO CANDLER PARK DRIVE)
NORTH AVENUE (OAKDALE TO CANDLER PARK DRIVE)
● All roads listed above will be RESIDENT AND EVENT ACCESS ONLY.
● Must have a valid driver’s license or event permit pass to access these areas.
● PLEASE OBEY ALL POSTED AND STREET MARKERED SIGNS.
● Towing will be strictly enforced in this areas due to the need for emergency vehicle access.
● CANDLER PARK DRIVE will be ONE-WAY from NORTH AVENUE to MCLENDON AVE.
● CANDLER PARK DRIVE
○ NO PARKING ON EITHER SIDE EXCEPT BY FESTIVAL PERMIT
○ MUST PARK VERTICALLY IN PERMITTED AREAS
■ Bumper should be be parallel with the curb
MARY LIN AFTERNOON DISMISSAL
Parents and guardians, please note that there is road closure scheduled on Candler Park Drive, April 19-21, 2013.
This will affect the elementary school for the afternoon pick-up on Friday, April 19 only. The road will remain open until 8:15 a.m. Friday morning to allow all students and parents regularly scheduled access on their morning routines.
Logistics of the road closure and student pick-up:
● Candler Park Drive will become a one-way from North Ave. to Mclendon for this closure.
● The following roads will be barricaded at Oakdale to manage the Candler Park Drive closing properly: Benning, Miller and North.
● For school access, all parents must enter the North Ave. blockade to access Candler Park Drive.
● There will be an officer at the corner of North and Candler Park Drive to help the flow of traffic in this area.
● Please communicate to any scheduled police officers that you are there for student pick-up should you be stopped.
● Once you are in, please drive in the typical carpool lane and wait for release.
● Everyone will need to be carpool on this date, or be a walker. No one will be able to pull in, park and get his or her child. (If you are driving, please enter the one-way through the North Ave. blockade)
● We will hold all cars in the carpool lane until the buses have loaded and vacated (there is an additional pass lane on North and Candler Park Drive even with the carpool lane blockage.)
● Cars will then pull in the roundabout, load, and then pull out onto Candler Park Drive heading right or towards McLendon Ave.