From Randy Pimsler
The Candler Park Master Plan Coordinating Committee reviewed the Master Plan priority matrix at its regularly scheduled committee meeting on July 7. At that time, several concerns were raised about the proposed martix that we presented at the June Members Meeting.
The committee discussed proposed updates, based on input received from members. The committee made the following changes based on the rationale that follows each line item, and the CPNO Board later voted to recommend the version of the matrix that includes these changes:
- Add Item 2.4 - Provide new amphitheatre seating (Candler Park Conservancy) - there are volunteers prepared to work on this project at this time; the project is under discussion at the conservancy level
- Add Item 4.13 - Install crosswalks at Euclid Avenue and Candler Street (School Related Crosswalks) - there are volunteers prepared to work on this project at this time
- Add Item 4.41 - Improve connectivity at Freedom Park Path at Moreland Avenue - there are volunteers prepared to work on this project at this time
- Delete Item 6.1 - Create committee to analyze dog park location - no one has stepped forward to work on this item; this item appears to continue to be controversial; there has been opposition expressed to moving this item forward, at this time
- Add Item 8.3a - Prioritize Oakdale and McLendon Avenue sidewalk improvements - there are volunteers prepared to work on this project at this time; funding may become available in the near term.
As you will note, the primary reason for inclusion is the presence of an owner for a project. In like manner, the lack of an owner may suggest that a project is removed from the list. We are attempting to move projects forward based on input and/or enthusiasm from all of our neighbors, as well as the possibility of funding availability and options.
Link here to copy of the matrix as amended, with the changes placed in italics.
These items will be discussed as potential amendments to the prioritization list to be voted on at the July 21, 2014 CPNO General Membership Meeting. If you have questions, comments and / or concerns, please forward those to: firstname.lastname@example.org.