Hello all. Here are notes from last week's dog park meeting, as supplied by Jimmy Bligh. Any questions, please contact Jimmy.
1. We talked about places we had disbursed the online and manual petition to. We distributed it to a Mary Lin group, Inman park group, Lake Claire group, and we have a copy at Highland Pet Supply. We currently have over 800 signatures and our goal is to get to 1,000.
2. We are currently on the agenda of the Inman Park Neighborhood Association meeting and Lake Claire Neighborhood Association meeting for November to talk about the dog park, let them know about the petition, and ask them for a formal letter of support for us in this effort. Gordon will also give an update at the CPNO meeting this month.
3. We'll be drafting a standard letter for them to use as a model if these associations vote to give us their support. We decided the letter of support will basically restate what the petition states.
4. We saw online that Chastain Park is pretty close to completing the guidelines to get their dog park approved by the city of Atlanta. We contacted their committee and are in the process of setting up a meeting to talk about pitfalls and things they learned along the process which can help us in our effort.
5. Discussed the budget for implementing the dog park. We are hoping to get the names of some places we can contact to get estimates for our proposed site from the Chastain group. I think Gordon was going to follow up with George to get clarity about the water line and who we can contact about getting an estimate for that.
6. We talked about Fundraising and some initial ideas for it. We are hoping to get our own separate bank account opened similar to Friends of Candler Park, so that we can start seeking fundraising. Gordon is planning on following up with Dave about how to do that.
7. We talked about items we wanted to put up on our page on the Candler Park website.