Your sidewalks are crumbling and your city schools are in crisis management mode. Okay, the headline may be a bit of an exaggeration but the truth is: YOUR NEIGHBOROOD NEEDS YOU. The past few years have left CPNO in the great financial shape but the organization always needs more energy and new energy to push the agenda forward. We’ve also managed to eliminate many of the excuses you’ve used in the past:
1) I go out drinking on Monday nights. Alcohol is served at our General Meetings.
2) I eat dinner at 7:00 PM. Food is donated for our General Meetings by a new restaurant every month!
3) I have to watch the kids. Free childcare is provided by CPNO on General Meeting nights.
To be eligible for the Board you must:
(1) be a member of the CPNO (free, sign up online)
(2) have attended at least 4 CPNO regular meetings the election cycle (Oct & Nov count!) *
*(note: if you haven’t attended enough meetings but you’re still interested, please go ahead and submit your name. If all board positions are not filled by election, they can be appointed by the newly elected board.)
A nominating committee has been formed to come up with a slate of candidates. If you would like to serve in 2012 or, better yet, if you’d like to volunteer one of your neighbors to serve, please contact one of the following:
Dave Aynes – email@example.com
Jay Sandhaus – firstname.lastname@example.org
Trey Long – email@example.com
Kate Sandhaus – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexa King – email@example.com
(phone numbers for these contacts are posted on www.candlerpark.org )
This year, we’re attempting to fill not only each seat on the Board, but also a shadow position (apprentice) for each Board seat. To get involved as a shadow/apprentice requires only a genuine interest in participating.
The committee will submit our recommendations at the October regular CPNO meeting. Voting is scheduled for the November meeting and according to the bylaws, nominations can also be submitted from the floor at that meeting.